Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Galatians 2:20

Tonight at Church we discussed Galatians 2:20 which says:

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

We discussed how Christ held nothing back when it came to His sacrifice. He sacrificed everything for us, His entire life upon this earth.

Jesus was so willing to make sacrifices all for the sake of love. He loved the Father, He loved the comforter that would soon come (the Holy Spirit), and He loved those that would call upon Him for salvation. He loved so intensely, so severely, that laying down His life was proof of this. He even told us that His love was sincere when he explained that "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." (John 15:13)

He gave it all. When is the last time we gave everything within us, everything we have to glorify God? I sometimes give God bits and pieces of my heart. I sometimes have a burst of dedication to Christ manifest within my spirit. But I feel I can honestly say I rarely (if ever) have a selfless, dedicated, truly focused sacrifice when it comes to glorifying God.

Our sin did not come free. It cost Christ everything. Now we'll never be able to repay Him. But I hope to live a life of dedication, making whatever sacrifices I can. He held back nothing when it came to His love for us. We should hold nothing back when it comes to our love for Him. Let us walk in sacrificial love for God's glory.

No comments: