Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm a princess.

Alright confession time! Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed about being a princess. Like most little girls I envisioned a castle, poofy dresses, and a pretty tiara sitting on top of my head. When Halloween would come around I was quick to purchase a tiara (even if I wasn't dressing up that year). I simply fell in love with the idea of being a princess. This idea carried over into my teenage and adult years as well. I mean really, who wouldn't want to be a part of a royal family?!

Ever since the LORD saved me when I was 19 years old, my life has changed. My desires and thoughts and ways have changed over the past few years. But my desire to be a princess has never changed. Then it hit me about a month ago- I am a princess!!

Now don't think I've lost it. I'm not currently dancing around my house in a gown with a crown upon my head or anything like that. But I was thinking about this- God is the KING. Numerous scriptures tell us this.

"Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray" (Psalm 5:2)

"The LORD is King for ever and ever..." (Psalm 10:16)

"Life up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is the King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle" (Psalm 24:7,8)

"I am the LORD, your Holy One, Israel's Creator, your King" (Isaiah 43:15)

"No one is like you, O Lord: you are great, and your name is mighty in power. Who should not revere you, O King of the nations? This is your due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like you" (Jeremiah 10:6,7)

We also know that God is our Father in heaven. Once we have given our lives to Him, we become His children. He adopts us as His own.

"...And by him we cry, "Abba, Father". The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory" (Romans 8:15-17)

"he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-"(Ephesians 1:5)

Christ Jesus Himself encouraged us to call upon God as our Father.

"This, then, is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:9,10)

So if the scriptures are true it works out like this:
1. God is King.
2. God has made us His children.
3. By being God's children, we are now princesses and princes!

Do you guys realize how huge this is? Our Heavenly Father is the King! When I think about this I can't help but smile. This thought takes away so much anxiety and stress. Who cares what the world says? If they have a problem with us, they can talk to the KING!! But its more than just having an amazing Father who is KING. By having Him as our Father, we are also called to a higher standard than the world. We not only represent ourselves as prince and princesses (Christians), but we represent the King.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I can see why you love Taylor Swift.

Christina said...

Totally. I used to be involved with a ministry called "Daughters of the King." They would wear little crowns and just celebrate the goodness of the Lord.