Monday, January 2, 2012

Christina talks about spiritual unity.

I was discussing unity with a friend. A couple I don't know all that well recently got married and I was impressed by how they seem to be so spiritually united and like-minded. I admire that greatly. While I may not agree with this couple's religious beliefs 100% of the time, I love the fact that they're committed to them and each other. When discussing this with my friend I told him that I hope my husband and I are like that, but the Pentecostal version. I continued to go on about what that looks like inside my head and when I re-read what I had written, I couldn't help but laugh. It's funny but true. The following statement was taken from my conversation:

I want my husband and I to be in ministry and when we receive a phone call at 3AM we get out of bed and he's like "Honey where did I put my anointing oil? I gotta go cast some demons out of this guy and anoint him." and I'll all be like "babe, it's near your Bible. And I'll grab it for you. let's go handle this in Jesus name. They messed with the wrong ministers tonight."

1 comment:

Ikonophile said...

Wait... you guys use oil? To anoint? Glad we aren't the only ones!